Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I’ve decided to participate in Thankful Thursday at Run Sickboy Run
I’m thankful for:
  • My tiny, old…but cozy little house.  We have just come through a cold snap here…near Edmonton, AB.  The daytime highs were staying around –25C (–13F) and the lows at night were often near –35C (-31F)…plus wind chills to make it very cold!  I am so thankful that our tiny farmhouse (900 sq.feet!) has a nice new furnace that keeps us nice and toasty warm.
  • My little boys Carter and Jace.  They keep me laughing and remembering how precious life is.   They both have birthdays this week.  Carter will be 5 and Jace will be 1!  As I type, Carter is beside me…I asked him what he is thankful for today, and he said the food that he just ate, his toys, and that Uncle Kelly made him a toboggan hill for his GT SnowRacer.
  • Colleen.  This is a friend that goes to our church.  She was extremely helpful and supportive during last years Great Strides.  She has just really stepped forward and given a lot of time and energy to helping us fight CF.  She is already at it again this year.  She is coming over this weekend to help me plan a fund-raiser.  I am so thankful for the help!
Just a sidenote:
If you are a facebook user, head over to the CARSTARS page and LIKE them.  Once they hit 10,000 LIKES, they are donating $15,000 to the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation! Please help spread the word...they are almost there...around 850 more likes needed! (and I`m thankful for businesses like Carstars too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...