Thursday, October 28, 2010

Heading into a crazy winter...

It seems, that this year we are going to spend a lot of time sick!  Grrrrrr.  It makes me so MAD!  We've enjoyed a few weeks of health, and now we are getting sick in our home again.  It is virtually impossible to protect Carter from this!  So far, it is Jace and I fighting this bug, but it is inevitable that Carter will catch it.  It would be a miracle if he didn't.   I feel like I am constantly saying "go wash your hands," "don't touch your face," "don't get so close to your brother," ahhhhhhh! It is enough to drive a mom insane.  It is times like this when I wish we had a larger house so we had space to hang out in different rooms.  Sigh.....  I never thought simple colds would one day cause me so much stress.  Somedays it feels like nothing will ever be simple again.
Yesterday, a family aquaintance came by with a couple of adorable puppies.  She was on her way to take them to the pet store.  Sweet little husky/shepherd crosses.  My husband tried with all his might to convince me that we could have one.  We have an awesome German Shepherd "Yukon" already...he is 9 years old.  I stood my ground with almost panic in my mind....how on earth could I find any more time to deal with an outdoor puppy when we are heading into the snowy cold winter months?  The poor little thing would have to spend so much time by itself out there...penned up, and lonely.  Thank goodness my husband was understanding, and did not push the issue too far.  I can't tell you the relief I feel at not having that extra task to deal with or feel guilty about over the winter months....the frequently "sick" season.  Maybe in the spring, we could spend more time outside enjoying a puppy....

Some days, CF makes me SO VERY MAD!  This is one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...