Friday, October 15, 2010

Brotherly Love

It really warms my heart when I see how my boys are starting to interact with each other.  I love how Carter can talk to his baby brother and Jace's face will light up with pure adoration.  If ever I wondered about the decision we made to give Carter a sibling...I am confident now that we made the right choice.  Yes, it also means more germs hanging around for them to share....and share they do...there is no keeping them apart!  Little Jace has sometimes had to wait to be fed, or comforted until I could complete Carter's treatments.  The attention they get will not always be equal.  Then, there is also the horrid thought that has entered my mind that one day Jace may have to face the grief of losing his brother.  (Wow, instant tears popped into my eyes with that sentence.)
But, all of the worry disappears when I see them together.  They have so much love for each other, and that is a great gift.  We've given Carter more JOY.  Whether, CF steals him from us early, or if he lives to 100...he has one more person to stand by his side and fight for a cure, and he'll always know how immensely he is loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...