Friday, September 10, 2010

Forever Young

You know, it has really hit me lately...the reality of our son's disease.  Don't get me wrong, he's actually been doing very well this year!  But I can see it.  When he runs around without his shirt on, I can see the effects CF is having on his small body.  From his chest & tummy, to his fingertips....it is there.  At night, when he is asleep, I find myself placing my hands on top of his lungs, and praying for him and his little lungs with all of my might.
 
Some days, I find myself rushing Carter to get older and looking forward to all that is to come....and then I kick myself!  The older he gets, the greater hold CF will have on him.  I asked him the other day if he could just stay young forever for me.  He said "That is not the way it works mommy...I have to grow!" 

It really is a difficult thing for me to accept. As a mom, I look forward to seeing my children grow and reach for their goals.  But, with Carter,  I just can't help but wish that the future wouldn't come so quickly. 
We need a cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...